Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A New Song From an Old Favorite.........


O.K. I'll admit it, I'm a nerd. Growing up I always seemed to be a decade behind my time when it came to my musicical favorties. Or perhaps, I just had on old soul in a young body, who knows........

Whatever the case, I was a sucker for the lounge singers, Anne Murray, Helen Reddy, Mac Davis, John Denver, Barry Manilow and yes, the never say die, Kenny Rogers!

But that was decades ago and yes, with age comes growth and broadening of ones horizons. I no longer wear out the needle on my record player nor burn up my eight tracks. I have since converted to music from this decade. But every now and then, behind closed doors and in my solitude. I listen to some of my old favorites, and once in awhile one of them releases something new.

This time it was Kenny Rogers. While his voice has grown a little raspier over the years, it's always been his lyrics that caught my attention. A song from his new album is no exception. It made we catch my breath and smile. The perfect song for a person whose past haunts her.....

"I Can't Unlove You"
Sung by: Kenny Rogers

Postcards and letters
Pictures made to last forever
To Be boxed upand tossed away
Nick-Nacs, Souverners
In an afternoon
Their out of here
They dissapear without a trace
What they mean to me can never be replaced

[chorus]

I cant unthink about you
I cant unfeel your touch
I cant unhear all the words
Unsay all the things that used to mean so much
I wish i could unremember everything
My hearts been through
Im finding out its impossible to do
Oh, its no use, I cant unlove you
In this dance of old songs
Like time they go on and on
I guess i could learn to do the same
I could wake up without you

No comments:

Damn, Sometimes Words Aren't Enough

Damn, Sometimes Words Aren't Enough