Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving Day Thoughts...........

They say Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks. And yes, it's true, it is the one day everyone acknowledges all the gifts they've been given and what they are grateful for, but for me, it seems so simplistic to even begin to touch on this subject. So to keep from boring all those I do not know and probably never will, I will condense my list of thankyou's to one topic, my children......

For as long as I can remember, (at least back to the age of 6) I have always wanted children. My dreams/hopes were always quite vivid, they may not have always included the man of my dreams or the father of my children but always the children I would one day have, all 6 of them! (O.K. reality eventually set in, the Brady Bunch scenario was not likely to happen!) I went through life waiting for my destiny and my children.

It took many years and many tears until I was given the gift of two incredible little boys, now ages 6 and 4 1/2. I cannot imagine my life without out them. Just as I dreamed of them then, I dream of them now.

So with that said, I will put into words what I thank God for, not just today, but everyday..........

I Am Thankfull For...........

Kisses that are blown in the dark and caught in the light.............

Saying, "I love you round' the world and back again" and hearing, "Oh yeah? Well I love you to the moon and back again" Continuing on and on, until we all run out of places to go and things to think of, but always ending with a kiss....................

When my children say say with enthusiasm, "yummy" and "thank mommy, I love you so much!" after I served Chef Boyardee canned ravioli's or macaroni and cheese!

Seeing my children running and yelling "mommy, mommy" when I pick them up from school each and every day without fail and with the pure joy only a child can express.

Going to bed each night and waking up each morning thinking first and foremost, of the two brightest stars that shine in my life.

O.K. so I could go on and on but I will end here and go and give my children one last goodnight kiss before I fade out. And once again I will will go to bed with a smile on my face and a lightness in my heart that only a child can bring............
Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Mike said...

so perfectly said...

Unknown said...

wonderful thoughts

dr1/6 said...

awwww...hope you had a great one~

:)

Damn, Sometimes Words Aren't Enough

Damn, Sometimes Words Aren't Enough