Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Goodbye 2012!! Hello 2013.....

I've been a very neglectful blog owner this past year or two or three....  It seems that Twitter and Facebook is the easy, lazy way out of blogging.  Posts can be made in a snap and deep thought doesn't seem to be a pre-requisite in either of the two.  However, like in years past I will do my best to sum up the year via this blog.

Ten things I learned in 2012....

1. Quickly approaching the big 50, my dreams seem to get bigger and my convictions stronger...

2. I no longer believe that I can trust EVERYONE without doubt, except MYSELF .

3. There will always be "ANTI" someone in your life.  Someone who proclaims the rules a soul should live by.  Those rules will typically be aligned by the very boundaries they have set by their own life, a life that is not yours.  Why walk they line of someone who does not dwell in your environment?  Stand strong and stand proud by the choices you make....

4.  I realize this year was an election year, however I don't think it was really necessary for me to learn the political views of all of my Facebook friends in one year.  There is something to be said about 'less is more.....' Whatever happened to a little mystery?

5.  In 1897 Pearl B. White decided to add fruit juice to a geletin product and named it JELLO.  The product fumbled and struggled.  It eventually made its mark as a desert type substance.  In 2012 myself and a friend have attempted to master the art of creating unique concoctions of Jello and alcohol.  We have created a following of consisuers.  And while others may mock our social documentation of these said masterpieces our legacy continues to grow. 

6. I can be a little rough around the corners, I always have been.  However, if you passed Drivers Ed, even with a low score and can master your driving abilities you will find, I'm worth the effort.  Crash dummies need not to attempt this route....

7.  Sometimes all of life's answers can be found by watching the movie "Forest Gump" for the 64th time.....

8. Don't even attempt to question my children's motives, desires, abilities, imagination, belief that they can and will achieve anything they set their minds to.  They will.  If they struggle, waiver, trip or stumble, they have me to support them. Win or lose, succeed or fail, with me by their side, they will continue to attempt to achieve anything they can imagine....


9. My kids are my life. With every breath I take, every move I make, they are reason I get up each morning and why I'm still where I'm at.  I will be here until they take flight and find peace in their journey....

10.  I still believe in me, more then I ever have.  I believe in the destiny of what I will become and the magnitued of my convictions.  I believe in the impossible and the unimaginable. I believe I can achieve anything I set me mind to.  Watch out 2013!!! 



No comments:

Damn, Sometimes Words Aren't Enough

Damn, Sometimes Words Aren't Enough